Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of hose, cord and cable reels in North America. Our headquarters is in Columbia City, Indiana. We have an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift CNC Turret Press Operator. Incumbent will pperate a CNC turret press, blanking parts out of sheets and/or sheared sheet steel. Loading individual programs based off shop packet information into the computer terminal, then sending the program to the CNC. Responsible for running parts to meet/exceed internal/external customer demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sanding parts by using hands, fingers, wrists & arms to manipulate the parts.
- Reading and understand shop packets.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Use of a variety of hand tools & machines.
- Operate a foot pedal.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Reading and understanding gauges to complete first piece inspections.
- Ability to do set up, including tool changes and update tool list in Microsoft Excel
- Adjusting machine programs to run particular parts.
- Responsible for performing “6S” activities at the end of the shift.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent desired
- 3-6 months of fabrication work experience desired.
- Blue print reading ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of times is spent standing, walking using hands to finger, handling or feeling, reaching with hands and arms, talking or hearing, and lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds. Occasionally pushing or pulling wheeled scrap hoppers weighing up to 1,000 pounds.
Reelcraft offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, 401(k) with match, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and disability coverage. Relocation assistance is not being offered for this position.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation.
EOE/AA – M/F/V/D We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is committed to workplace diversity.