Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of hose, cord and cable reels in North America. Our headquarters is in Columbia City, Indiana. We have an immediate opening for a Painter. The Painter paints parts that move through a paint booth at 8 feet to 12 feet per minute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To correctly paint moving parts.
- Clean guns, hoses, pumps and internal parts with air or clean in ultra sonic cleaner.
- Blow parts out that hold water prior to painting.
- Plug shaft and screw holes in some parts or blow the paint out of some.
- To eliminate contamination by cleaning application room and equipment, mopping floors and dusting.
- • To load the right part and quantity to match the shop order.
- • Unload, inspect and crate with correct ID number on tags and proper quantity.
- • Move parts in and finished products out with a pallet jack.
- • Mill test to check for thickness of paint.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-6 months of experience as a Painter in Powder Coating Applications preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass the Pulmonary Functions physical and be able to wear proper PPE.
- Must be able to complete skill based training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of the time is spent standing, talking, hearing, feeling, working with hands and fingers, squeezing a handle, reaching with hands and arms. Close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are necessary. Must be able to enter into confined spaces, and be able to work with chemicals and paint.
Sometimes walking, sitting, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling . Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Reelcraft offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, 401(k) with match, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and disability coverage. Relocation assistance is not being offered for this position.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation.
EOE/AA – M/F/V/D We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is committed to workplace diversity.