Mechanical Engineer with wide variety of duties including quotation, design, and drafting of custom products, Engineering Change Releases, Bill of Material maintenance, new product design, existing product maintenance, lab testing, problem solving, utilization of engineering tools (CAE, FEA, MS Office), and technical support for shop floor and outside customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist internal/external customers with technical assistance to achieve their requirements
- Project management: Establish project goals and timelines on a per project basis
- Verify timely completion of projects
- Assist in “engineered product” quotation and negotiation.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Work independently with minimum supervision
- Evaluate, develop, and implement solutions quickly under a compressed time line
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written form with coworkers, management, production employees, suppliers, and customers
- Role may include: Reading and interpreting military specifications, designing military reel components, and supporting operations to ensure military specifications are met in the production process
- Role may include: Reading and interpreting compliance regulations, and leading a cross functional team to ensure we are in compliance with these regulations. (i.e. California Proposition 65, REACH/RoHS, etc.)
- May require infrequent travel <10% (including international travel) to suppliers, customers, etc. to establish their specific needs
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline – BSME preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Process engineering capabilities and DFSS experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, MRP/ERP Software, and 3-D CAD software (preferably PTC CREO 2.0 or newer version)
- Reading/interpreting government specifications
- Enhanced communication skills: written & verbal for handling customer requirements
- Previous technical sales skills, both over the phone and face to face preferred
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes and their limitations. (Casting, Molding, Machining, Stamping)
- Knowledge of industry related standards relating to standard applications of hydraulics, pressure wash, and pneumatics: working-burst pressure factor, common seal types, material selection (carbon, stainless, aluminum, etc.)
- Hands on fabrication and mechanical skills are desirable along with weld experience
- Finite Element Analysis
Reelcraft offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, 401(k) with match, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and disability coverage. Relocation assistance is not being offered for this position.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation.
EOE/AA – M/F/V/D We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is committed to workplace diversity.